Friday, November 7, 2008

Rest in His comfort!

" The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy, he will quiet you in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zephaniah 3:17.

Can you invision that? I'm sure we mom's can! How many times have your children ran into your arms with a proclamation of some sort of victory in their life, and you celebrate with them, wrapping them in your arms, singing and laughing with them full of joy? How many times have your children ran into your arms in fear or panic, pain or distress, seeking a safe place of refuge, knowing that if they can only get to you, everything will be alright, and in your strength and love they were quieted, their fears relieved? Oh, bless the Lord our Saviour, how much the the more is our Heavenly Father able to save us with His might, rejoice over us with His joy, quiet us with His love and hallelujah, even sing over us!!! Have you ever been close enough to hear God sing to you? What a wonderful washing of peace it is!

Stop being so independent, you will forever be His child, so come to him, rest in him! He wants to rejoice with you, he wants to quiet your fears, he wants to sing over you with His joy........don't miss that! As a child, I loved the fact that I could always come to Mom with fears or happiness and share them with her. Now as a mom, nothing thrills my heart more, for my children to think enough of me to come share their feelings, thoughts, emotions with me!

My friend, He's waiting.........he will never be pushy, he'll wait. Try Him to day, 'oh taste of the Lord and see that he IS good!' Take time out of your busy schedule, and go to the Father, and just share a moment, an experience, a thought with Him today. He will quiet you if that's what you need, he will save you, he will rejoice over you, he will sing to you! You'll have that 'warm and fuzzy' feeling all over you if you do..........and guess what, so will your Father!

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, that your arms are always open, inviting me to come to you, with anything, anytime, anywhere! Thank you for caring enough for little ole me, that you would take out time from all you do, to sing a song to me, to quiet my fears, to rejoice in my joy! I want to always take a moment to share everything with you, not just my needs and concerns, but my joys, too. You are so mighty and yet so gentle! Praise your holy name!

No comments: